Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Sixth Doctor
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:17 am 
Orc
Orc

I don't know if Four will ever come back to Rich's comics, but I will never forgive him now. *forgives him in like six months or something because I'm that fickle*
I miss you Six! :crybaby:

Wh... hang on. I don't remember making a thread about the Sixth Doctor... must have just happened. Sorry! :rolleyes:
I am so annoying aren't I?

Last edited by Sixislove on Fri May 29, 2009 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The old page 240
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:58 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Now now, old regenerations are never gone, they are just traveling in their own timelines. (This comic proves that if nothing else!)

*hands Sixislove a multicolored tissue*

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:50 am 
Orc
Orc

I know, I was just venting. Four can be so mean.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:17 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

He's just warming up to be Six! :mrgreen:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:43 am 
Orc
Orc

Oh yeah! What's even better is by the end of his er... 'tenure,' Four even has good clothes sense!
*thinks about the preceding statement* hm, do I actually think that? I mean I don't have anything against any of JNT's costumes for the Doctor.

Someone on Youtube commented on a video for A Fix With Sontarans once saying that Colin's performance was rather like the Tenth Doctor. I like to entertain the notion that he's somehow a hybrid of both the 'popular' Doctors. A bit of Fullmetal Alchemist-style approach to his lack of temper and the opportunity to be creative with the part would have made him so awesome. You just have to look at this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJHfpORY31Q

Speaking of which, I also paused it at one point when Peri's face looks as much like it does in the comics as it can.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x61/ ... icPeri.jpg

Post subject: Re: The Sixth Doctor
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:05 am 
Orc
Orc

Well actually, as I've pointed out before, Four and Six _did_ have a lot in common. (Besides both actors having the same last name, curly hair, and taking the part when they were 40.) Four _definitely_ has the arrogance, hot temper and rudeness vectors that everybody accuses Six of, down pat. The more I watched both, the more similarities I saw. Of course, Six is also very much _One_--the crotchety type. And Colin can like..._channel_ Hartnell like nobody's business, in some scenes. (For example, in "Timelash" when he first discovers Herbert is on board. HAHA! I just fell over cracking up.)

And yeah, I've seen that video...I have no idea WHY the Master would be calling them on a Saturday morning kids' show :P but it's good times. As for Peri looking like the comic...she does weird faces all the _time_. Seriously, she's a walking cartoon! My friend and I grab screenshots every time anything even remotely catches our eye, and as a result, we tend to notice little details, seeing a good portion of the series in minute little moments, as we do. And I have seen Peri do like, HUGE bug-eyed expressions, goofy grins and really weird things with her eyebrows that, frankly, look kinda _painful_--several times. It's hilarious.
Everybody apparently just looks at her chest, but Nicola Bryant can kinda do physical comedy, too. Watch the scene where they're walking around London together in "Attack of the Cybermen" if you don't believe me.

Anyway. This post of randomness was brought to you by the letters T and K, and the number 9!

...Notorious

Post subject: Re: The Sixth Doctor
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:55 am 
Orc
Orc

It might sound silly but my preferred companion is actually Mel. I guess it's just the fact that their relationship didn't have such a bad start (probably not anyway) and she actually chose to travel with him, whereas Peri chose to travel with the Fifth Doctor but ended up with someone she didn't like as much. Actually I think she was a little harsh at the beginning of Twin Dilemma and maybe that had something to do with why he suddenly tried to strangle her.
But Colin does the best happy face when he says "Never mind the clothes, they're easily changed. What about me?"

[ 7 posts ]