[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog • View topic - FarScape

Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: FarScape
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:12 am 
Abbott
Abbott

If you have to ask, then you'll never know.

[center]My name is John Crichton, 'I'm lost'
An Astronaut, 'Shot through a wormhole'
In some distant part of the universe, 'I'm trying to stay alive'
Aboard this ship, 'This living ship'
Of escaped prisoners, 'My friends'
If you can hear me? 'Beware!'
If I make it back? 'Will they follow?'
If I open the door? 'Are you ready?'
Earth is unprepared, 'Helpless'
For the nightmares, 'I've seen'
Or should I stay? 'Protect my home?'
Not show them, 'You exist?'
But then you'll never know, 'The wonders I've seen!'
[/center]

Just to get things rolling (in no particular order); my favorite season is #2, Zhaan is a mega-hottie :heart: , and best quote; D: "The bad news is you're married, and you must endure as a statue for 80 cycles." C: "So what's the good news?" D: "Chiana and I are having fantastic sex."

Post subject: Re: FarScape
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:05 am 
Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine

Ahhh a real good example of a greatly underrated show.
I agree that that was one of the best quotes as long as you show the scene it is from.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Meh. I really enjoyed the beginning, but as soon as Chiana showed up and every. flipping. episode. centered around her, I lost interest and never did finish watching the DVDs we rented.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 am 
Lich
Lich

one of the best SF series ever... great cast, great story, all around fun... and for a change, characters showed some Common Sense

can we have a revival please? (alas, no Ka D'Argo)

and yeah, the quote from just before Crichton gets stoned is priceless

on a sidenote: one way or the other, most characters of FarScape have shown up in my nWoD chronicle

Profile WWW ICQ YIM  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:35 am 
Abbott
Abbott

DM, I understand the feeling about Chiana-centric episodes. If need be, you can skip a few and not miss much. You're doing yourself a real disservice if you don't try to finish the story. And an addendum for best quotes; "Why did it have to be a God-like alien? Man do I hate God-like aliens. I'll take a critter over a God-like alien any day."

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:38 pm 
Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine

The show had so many great quotes and a wonderful ending, even if I do miss D'Argo.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:32 am 
Abbott
Abbott

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:21 pm 
Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine

Jim Henson was taken from us too soon. He was the Ray Harryhousen of puppetry. We can just hope his son can keep up with the legacy.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:12 am 
Abbott
Abbott

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:14 am 
Creator
Creator

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:10 am 
Abbott
Abbott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:31 pm 
Minotaur
Minotaur

I picked up seasons 1-3 of FarScape at the library some time ago. (It's been months since the last one.) I'm currently on a long, slow-moving waiting list to see season 4. Come on, folks, return those DVDs faster! People are waiting!

Move along.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:20 am 
Orc
Orc

I started watching Farscape recently, after I saw some random episodes on this live channel. http://www.justin.tv/ixnay74#r=R6Cbic4~

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:18 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

I did a more or less impromptu showing of Peacekeeper Wars at a convention and got a pretty good crowd for not much notice, and 9:30am on the last day (Sunday) of the con. Due to the nature of the last minute addition, there were some technical difficulties, and it wasn't a perfect airing, but it did remind me of how great that show is. <g>

The story continues in the comics - they aren't bad that I've read so far, but I'm a bit behind. (I buy the books when the stories finish).

The good news is - whenever they find the funding to make the show, they already had Froon (Ricky Manning) write the webisodes, and Ben's agreed to direct. That's gotta be good :mrgreen:

Also, I understand resenting Chi, - I fell in love with the show because it was the first time in forever that I'd seen a scifi show with strong female characters that didn't have a hooker style character plunked for boys -but I dont recall that many eps revolving around her. She was usually just in the B storyline, causing trouble by stealing or seducing someone, while the grown-ups handled the main storyline. She had a couple of eps, the awful graveyard planet ep and that Clockwork Nebari bit, and she had a bigger part in Picture If You Will than normal, but usually she and Rygel were shoved off set as quickly as possible, so they wouldnt need to deal with her make-up and his puppetry.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:22 pm 
Minotaur
Minotaur

Update on Season 4:
The library had it listed as "in transit" for over a month. Apparently after it was listed as "in transit," it got put back on the shelf and someone else checked it out.
But it's finally in. I'm watching it now.

Move along.

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next