[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog • View topic - Rich's Movie Review #1: Gremlins (1984)

Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Rich's Movie Review #1: Gremlins (1984)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:40 pm 
Creator
Creator

is the first of what I plan to be a series of movie reviews on the Comix Blog. Check it out, tell me what you think!

Profile WWW YIM  

Post subject: Re: Rich's Movie Review #1: Gremlins (1984)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:51 pm 
Minotaur
Minotaur

I liked the Gamer section. Made it standout more from typical movie reviews.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:39 am 
Minotaur
Minotaur

This movie sounds VERY similar to an manga I read a while ago. Pet Shop of Horrors had a weird shop in Chinatown, strange pets, the 3 rules, and terrible things happening when the owner broke the rules (and the shop wasn't responsible).

Is there any intentional connection? Although I'm thinking the 1984 date puts the movie earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

puts Pet Shop of Horrors as printed in 1995, which means it would definitely have been inspired by the movie, and not the other way around.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:06 pm 
Minotaur
Minotaur

Ah, a fondly remembered film from my childhood.

I wasn't aware of any games related to it. I do remember the novelization, which went on and on about Majority vs. Minority Mogwai. Minority Mogwai (Gizmo) were smarter and longer lived. Majority Mogwai (Stripe and co.) came across as jerks from the start. Also, the book provided the tidbit that the species were created by an individual named Mogturmen.

Move along.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:34 pm 
Minotaur
Minotaur

You know, I don't think I have really seen the entire movie. I remember bits of it. I remember the part in the bar, the old woman, the showing of Snow White that really freaked me out, the Christmas scene, I loved that scene. I was really quite young when the movie came out and I remember having to sleep with the door open for fear of Gremlins getting me. I remember all of the second movie though. I also remember that we had a set of childrens storybooks and records that I rather liked.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:06 am 
Creator
Creator

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:26 pm 
Costello
Costello

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:45 pm 
Creator
Creator

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:47 pm 
Costello
Costello

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:49 am 
Creator
Creator

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:46 pm 
Costello
Costello

Rock on!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Now ask Rich about the time he played a Mogwai in a friend's game and managed to nuke an entire established campaign in one evening...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:55 pm 
Minotaur
Minotaur

Do tell, Rich. :D Don't spare on the details.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:25 pm 
Creator
Creator

Profile WWW YIM  

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next