[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog • View topic - Forum Trouble

Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Forum Trouble
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not your fault! WordPress has an incredibly annoying habit of throwing coloured banners into the admin panel when it wants you to upgrade, and one showed up yesterday. I was dumb and didn't double-check to make sure that ComicPress had *also* been updated, went ahead and did it... at which point ComicPress immediately shat itself.

Thankfully, I wasn't dumb enough to do it without having run a full backup ten minutes prior, so I was able to roll everything with minimal trouble; now I just have a banner to ignore. The forum patch had nothing to do with that - the phpBB software's in an entirely separate directory and that patch worked perfectly.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:56 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Good to hear I didnt start the troubles - and that you took the 10 minutes to do the backup! I had pictured a cascade of updates sending the various forums and blogs over the edge <g>

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hee! Thankfully, no - not only are the forum and the comicsblog two separate programs, they're on two separate subdomains and ne'er the twain shall meet. When something goes FUBAR around here, it's usually one of two things - either a cache somewhere has gone on strike, or I've been messing with things with too much blood in my caffeine stream. ;)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:08 am 
Demigod
Demigod

I do love women who can be honest with the world.

Which probably why my break-ups tend to be rather incandescent, but that's off the subject.

Thank you for the rapid repair job to keep all us fanatics from going into withdrawal.

Then you are a bot and must be banned.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey, you're welcome! How would I get through the day without you knuckleheads to herd? ;)

And on that note, *ahem*, I don't suppose anyone's noticed the total lack of blank pages being coughed up by the server this past week, hmm? *preen*

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:26 am 
Demigod
Demigod

No. Truth be told, I have been far too busy house painting to do much more than read the current issue.

I'd pat you on the head, but you'd probably chain me to the wall and throw away the key, and I really need to get the garage done.

Then you are a bot and must be banned.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:19 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Just checking in out of curiosity, since if I can read and post, the problem is obviously fixed. This morning I could see the comix, but the forum was having fits, Firefox had a page announcing it couldnt even find a 'page not found' page, which was a new one for me <g>

Profile WWW  

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2