[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog • View topic - Why You Annoy Me

Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Why You Annoy Me
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is the catch-all thread for flame wars, insult fests and ranting. No spillage into other threads! If you have something to say that's about the person instead of their ideas, this is where it has to come.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Why You Annoy Me
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:39 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Interesting thread idea <g>

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I stole it from another forum I'm a member on; it works very well to keep all the other threads on-topic and flamewar free, as funny as it sounds! Moving posts into the free-fire holding tank often defuses the lighter spats, and contains the big ones so those not interested can easily ignore them.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:51 pm 
Demigod
Demigod

And generally works better than an ignore list, since they tend to block the good with the bad.

Then you are a bot and must be banned.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:31 am 
Enforcer
Enforcer

Hope it will be useless anyway :-) .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:26 pm 
Demigod
Demigod

Or at least unneeded.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:54 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

All the same, while it's pretty rare for me to devote an entire post to venting at someone - short of tv executive now and then - there's a certain comfort in knowing that there is a place to run to, that you can let out a good long scream if you need it. :mrgreen:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:49 am 
Kobold
Kobold

Definitely a good idea! I was a member of another forum for a while, and they had heaps of trouble with people venting off-topically throughout threads

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:49 am 
Demigod
Demigod

Enworld? Rpg.net? Wizards? The local 4-H website?

Happens everywhere, it seems.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:58 pm 
Fang vs. Fang
Fang vs. Fang

ROOOOOOAAAAARRRR I F/&#ING HATE YOU ALL! This is my official flamewar starter with each and every single one of you. Though you should not even trouble posting, 'cause I will win. And if I don't, Captain Fang will come and punch you in the groin with a ham sandwich.

BOOM.

How's that for a return(ish) after a few months silence?

ps. I really love you all. Except Morgana, I think we can all agree she's weird...

-Self proclaimed #1 fan of divine Cap'n Fang.
-"I declare my dodge on this grass maggot!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:26 pm 
Demigod
Demigod

*sits back to enjoy the show as SlitherSLither is rent most heinously*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fellgrin, you're off-topic: that wasn't nearly annoyed enough for this thread. ;)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:14 am 
Beholder
Beholder

What in the name of the great Goddess did you just say Slitherboy?!? Got something against weird people?!? Well, I am very offended! As I'M a weird person to...That, and Morgana's a kewl kind of weird. So you can just go back to your hole in the ground, you SnakeinthegrassSnakeinthegrass!!!

P.S. I love you too. :heart:

Gee, that was neat. Ranting can be so much fun. Should do it more often. :roll:

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:14 pm 
Fang vs. Fang
Fang vs. Fang

-Self proclaimed #1 fan of divine Cap'n Fang.
-"I declare my dodge on this grass maggot!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

From the blog comments last night:

# IHatePears
March 6th, 2009 at 1:20 am

Rich: your really being a party pooper about Smith, you did 8-9 and Da ten Doctors, so could you just explain why you wouldn’t do that with smith?
2. I got it doctor 1-9 will look like 1 dress like 9 and have Super Sayin hair

# IHatePears
March 6th, 2009 at 1:22 am

And have 4’s scarf and 5’s brainy specks

# A Long Time Reader
March 6th, 2009 at 2:24 am

I prefer to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not just doing this to annoy other readers (ie, trolling)
1) Outfit; He has no costume picked out yet as the D11. How is Rich supposed to accurately draw it?
2) Speech; All previous Docs have patterns of words they use (Fan-tas-tic, jelly baby, allons-y, brilliant, etc). This guy hasn’t said a word in character as D11 yet.
3) Mannerisms; You don’t know how he will play D11; seriously, menacingly, aloof, compassionately
4) Companions?
5) The only thing anybody knows for sure is he has “nice hair,” which may even be re-styled before filming starts!
There is no realistic way for Rich to do justice to the character.

Finally, this is Rich’s baby. He can insert or leave out any characters he wants.

# A Long Time Reader
March 6th, 2009 at 2:28 am

Sorry; My previous post should have been titled “I Hate Pears: Regarding your comments at March 6th, 2009 at 1:20 am”

# IHatePears
March 6th, 2009 at 2:41 am

A Long time Reader: it’s not about companion speach or anything like that, I just want to see Rich’ take on 11 pysicaly

# A Long Time Reader
March 6th, 2009 at 2:50 am

Which Rich has made an express statement that he doesn’t wish to do. You should respect his wishes. This is his comic, and he will do whatever he desires. If you wish to have a strip with D11, by all means, go ahead and draw one yourself. But if you do, you will have absolutely no character reference points. so will leave yourself open for critisism when D11 openly contradicts something you wrote yourself.

# IHatePears
March 6th, 2009 at 3:05 am

All I’m trying to say is Gee Rich you draw the ten doctors amazingly, can I SEE IN YOUR DRAWiNG STYLE what the eleventh would look like, no plot, 1 panle just the desighne plain and simple, why do you keep bringing up references to what doesnt exist? And just becous Rich doesnt want to do it, means I will stop asking, not unless Rich or Hillary, flat out tell me to stop

# A Long Time Reader
March 6th, 2009 at 3:16 am Edit

Pears: Because until next year, D11 doesn’t exist!

Profile WWW  

[ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next