[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog • View topic - DW Cast Members Who Would Rock Slave Leia's Bikini

Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: DW Cast Members Who Would Rock Slave Leia's Bikini
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:04 pm 
Orc
Orc

While I'm prepping the list of movies that could also be Doctor Who stories, I'm gonna ponder this one.
Being a geek of the masculine gland, I can understand how Princess Leia in her slave wear makes fanboys drool. But I'm also dispassionate enough to be a tad dismayed that Carrie Fisher seemed somewhat detached about the whole affair - probably because she was, by her own admission, coked out of her gourd at the time. And can you blame her? Here she is, a scion of Hollywood royalty, trotting around half-naked beside a giant rubber slug one day, then capering in the piney woods with fur-coated midgets the next.
But, as Peter David would say, I digress.
Because this is a Doctor Who roundtable, I'm presenting some of our favorite assistants with an opportunity to strut their stuff in Huttese Prisoner cotoure. And just to show this isn't just a male chauvanistic pigout, I'll drop in a few slabs of beefcake for the female camp.
Let the pigeons loose!
1) Nicola Bryant: Her entrance in Planet of Fire was the high point of her assistant's' career :whistle: , and this is what boosts her to the top of the list.
2) Sarah Sutton: Captain Shade and I both favor the purple, but she had the good taste to provide fan service in Terminus. Of a truth, she makes me happy in my pants :banana: .
3) Elisabeth Sladen: While she may be getting on, she's still got it going on :naughty: .
4) Billie Piper: Even if Rose's longing for the Doctor grated on my nerves :BangHead: , I have seen clips of her in Secret Diary of a Call Girl :thumbsup: and that gives her a spot on this list.
5) Mark Strickson: Let's give him credit where credit is due for his banana hammock display in Planet of Fire :frogwink: .
6) Corrine Corduri: All together now :sing:: Rose's Mom/Has got it goin' on/Rose's Mom/Has got it goin' on (repeat until nice young men in clean white coats arrive at your door).
7) David Tennant: Oh, come now - did you think I'd forget the Spare Doctor :bounce: ?
8) Katy Manning: She did pose in a tastefully nude photo with a Dalek - that was one lucky genocidal mutant :kiss: !
9) Louise Jameson: It ain't like she didn't have practice :sneaky: ...
10) Catherine Tate: I'm not bovvered :happy: .

Last edited by Mitchell on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: DW Cast Members Who Would Rock Slave Leia's Bikini
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:27 am 
Goblin
Goblin

Ahaha, nice topic, I love it. ALRIGHT, LET'S DO THIS THING. --rolls up sleeves--

1. Frazer Hines. Oh my swoon. I could list ENDLESS qualities. But he is just so pretty. And looks fantastic in a kilt. He has such great legs. ;)
2. Nicole Bryant. Come on. Do I even NEED to say why?
3. Elisabeth Sladen. She looked great then, and I think she still looks great now. You gotta give her cred for that.
4. Louise Jameson. Someone said this once of her, and I agree: she's a fox. ;)
5. Catherine Tate. I literally said this EVERY SINGLE EPISODE in season 4: "Oh my god, Donna is GORGEOUS."
6. John Levene. I might get weird reactions for this one, but I am jelly when Benton is in a scene.
7. Ian Marter. At first, I thought he was okay, but still kinda meh. But after awhile, he grew on me and I found him to be quite fetching.
8. Deborah Watling. There's only one full serial with her in it, but she looks darn good.
9. Caroline John. I've been watching some of Jon Pertwee's early stuff, and she is really quite cute.
10. John Barrowman. I am actually not in any way attracted to Captain Jack Harkness. But then I met John Barrowmen in real life and WOW. Does that man have PRESENCE.

(LOL banana hammock Turlough)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:09 am 
Goblin
Goblin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:36 pm 
Orc
Orc

[quote="Lithium_Grey"][list=1][*]Billie Piper: Rose Tyler (Screw you guys. I love her!)

Hey, we don't have anything against Billie, or for that matter, Rose, who is rather neat. It's the way her infatuation with the Doctor was written (and the resulting clamor from the Rosefen) that some of us have issues with.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! I hereby forbid any trace of batshit crazy on this particular forum. We're here to have fun.

OK?

OK.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:54 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:25 am 
Orc
Orc

My main problem with the series romance thing...I mean besides the fact that it exists at all (with regards to the _Doctor_ himself. If Companions wanna "fall in love and drop off on some planet" they can do that all they want, I don't care) is that...they SAY it out loud, _on_ the show!

For decades, fangirls have drooled over the Doctor and the people who make the show have been perfectly aware of that fact (the amount of fan-mail that came in every day is a slight giveaway) but the two worlds were kept seperate--the fans drooled in real life, but the Doctor's Companions never noticed him in That Way. And then in the new show, they not only go and say it out loud, but RIGHT out of the actual characters' mouths! It's just...it feels _wrong_. And embarrassing. In more ways than one. You wanna say "Ha ha, winknudge, we _know_ you think he's cute, tee-hee!" to the fans? Fine. You can say it in blogs, messageboard posts, and at conventions all you want, but you DO..._NOT_...SAY IT...ON...THE SHOW! There are some places where I think the fourth wall is there for a reason--and this is one of them. Doctor Who is much better when it's in an innocent, oblivious little bubble universe.
(Although "noticing" the Doctor's appearance in terms of lightheartedly mocking his outfit and/or hair is perfectly acceptable. That was done several times on the classic show and made for some really funny lines.)

Anyway. For purposes of this topic...I'm confused. Are we supposed to be just naming people from Who whose _faces_ we find pretty, or only those with a good enough _body_ to actually "rock" a skimpy slaveboy/girl look? Because those two things don't necessarily go together. Heh.

...Notorious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:04 am 
Creator
Creator

Yeah, I agree with CC.
I mean, while I agree that some of these companions are nice looking, a lot of them just don't have the bulk to ....well... fill the metal bikini. I mean, besides, the MALE companions (for whom whatever attractiveness they might have would be lost, I would think, to have the cross dress this way). I mean, Leela is hot, yes.. but that top would just clank to the floor at her feet. Ditto Zoe, Nyssa...
Come to think of it, in my mind only Rose and Peri would "look good" in that thing. And Peri certainly makes me hesitate on that one as well. Just don't find that woman attractive.

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 am 
Orc
Orc

Maybe they mean like, a demeaningly skimpy outfit _in general_, tailored to the physique and style of whoever is wearing it. At least, that's how I'm taking it. I'm certainly not going to imagine Turlough in a gold bikini. :P (Well, I'm not going to imagine Turlough in ANYthing of that nature, myself--I think his red hair and really pale blue eyes are cool-looking, but I dunno if I think of him as _sexy_ per se.)

So like...the bikini or similar for girls, some kind of tight leather pants and shirtless for boys? I dunno. I could describe more slave/fetishy things than that, but this is a PG rated forum. Well, I'M treating it as such, anyway. :P

As for who I could--or rather, WANT to--imagine in those...no idea. Actually most of the men I find attractive in Who...part of the reason _why_ I find them attractive is...because of their outfits, if they're classy/elegant/interesting (to me) in some way. And those usually mean not only fully clothed, but LAYERED.
Like, one thing I pretty consistently like about the Doctor's look, for example, is his tendency to wear flowing, _swooshy_ coats (or capes). Now that, is cool. Dramatic and elegant. You can't get THAT by just showing skin.

Sometimes _style_ is sexier than actual fanservice.

...Notorious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:46 am 
Orc
Orc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:38 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

I'm pretty sure the "metal bikini" thing was just a fancy way of saying "who do you think are the most attractive companions"? You're not supposed to limit it to who would look good in a metal bikini. XDDD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:18 am 
Orc
Orc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:42 pm 
Orc
Orc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:39 am 
Orc
Orc

Well, that's all I was asking about, really. I wasn't trying to be "overly nerdy", just trying to clarify this thread's...rules, for lack of a better word: Bikini literally, or random drooling in general? :P
Not to overanalyse things (which I _love_ to do, actually, it's fun--but this time I'm not) but different people look good in different things, is all. (shrug)

Anyway. I could list here who I find attractive on Who, but they've mostly been said anyway. Heh.

...Notorious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:13 am 
Orc
Orc

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next