Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gahhhhh! *^&$%# &@%#!*^ commercials!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:17 pm 
Costello
Costello

So, I'm going to admit that I haven't really been following New School Doctor Who much before this point. So most of what I've seen has been when they've been running the holiday marathons (my girlfriend's in China right now, so I've been reprising my old role as the Pathetic Single Geek). It's been an interesting crash course in New School Doctoring (although I wish they'd tone down the angst and melodrama just a tick), and the new production values are pretty rad.

But I was watching The Next Doctor again, and suddenly I realized that I didn't remember that bit at the end, with Jackson Lake inviting the Doctor to dinner. (I liked this episode. They even hit all four diagnostic criteria for Jackson Lake's Dissociative Fugue, although something about it seemed off... but I can't put my finger on it.) I figured I must have gotten up for something, and missed the tail end of the episode. That is, until it came on again, and the episode ended with the Doctor up in Jackson's "TARDIS." The light came on, and I started looking things up on the internet, and realizing that there were a number of episode synopses that ended at points after I recall them rolling the closing credits.

So I think I'm going to take up a collection, and send BBC America a wad of cash, on the condition that they forever BAN those &@##!*^ Life Alert commercials (Every single commercial break? Really?) and use the time to put back the end of the &@%#!*^ episodes. Grrr.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Gahhhhh! *^&$%# &@%#!*^ commercials!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:38 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

lol - welcome back to Doctor Who.

BBCA has a policy (based on how many people were seeking other means to view the eps <g>) of showing the full version of the eps the first time round, and then showing the one that BBC sells for commercial television with the time cut to hit an hour the next time round.

If you see an ep is lasting more than an hour, it's the full version, and it's usually the full version on BBCA-OD (On Demand) if you can get it.
:frogwink:

Profile WWW  

[ 2 posts ]