[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog • View topic - House of Paulus

Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: House of Paulus
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:52 pm 
Lich
Lich

I really enjoyed what we saw of House of Paulus and hope Rich decides to go back to it once The Ten Doctors wraps up. I really want to see the interaction between Paulus and Daria (assuming that even is Daria in the last panel).

Post subject: Re: House of Paulus
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:04 am 
Creator
Creator

I should be getting back to it at some point. I've just been real focused on finishing up The 10 Doctors.

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:37 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

Location: not from the planet Raxacoricofallapatorius, thats for sure!
I'm look forward to more House of Paulus as well, I am missing it :crybaby: :pray:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:48 am 
Techgnome
Techgnome

Hooray! House of Paulus is back! :clap: :dance:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:45 pm 
Kobold
Kobold

It's good to see "House of Paulus" active again! And just in time: a freind of mine has hipped me to the concept of "sandalpunk".
It seems that Cyberpunk begat Steampunk, and after that there has been a population explosion in 'punk subgenres. The "FVLMINATA" game in general, and "House of Paulus" in particular, fit in well with the sandalpunk genre, as does Harry Turtledove's "Agent of Byzantium". "A of B" has some interesting concepts that can be --stolen--, errr.... used for one's "FVLMINATA' campaign. I'll post again on this topic afer I've websearched some information, including a proper spelling for a complex name.
I wish you well.

Last edited by Master Will Tupper on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:15 pm 
Kobold
Kobold

Odd. I've searched Wikipedia and now can properly spell Anton Van Leeuwenhoek, but he's apparently not the guy I'm thinking of, nor did Wikipedia confirm the existance of what I was looking for.
And I was sure there was a form of microscope made with a small loop in a piece of wire and a drop of oil held in that loop by surface tension to form the lens! Van Leeuwenhoek's microscope was glass-lens-based, and I'm not sure that kind of glass was made in Classical Antiquity. I guess I'm going to have to Wiki "history of optics" rather than "history of microscopy."
Still, "A of B" gives plenty of technological advances that could happen during the campaign. And they needn't all happen in Rome. What if the Persians got their hands on one or more of these advances...
I wish you well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:00 am 
Lich
Lich

I really enjoyed the individual stories in AoB but don't think they fit together as well in a story cycle -- .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:05 am 
Minotaur
Minotaur

Loved Paulus, Rich!

Hope to see more of him, or more set in the FVLMINATA world.

[ 8 posts ]