Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Terminus Stuff
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:35 am 
Orc
Orc

Nice artwork, captshade...
BTW, are you looking forward to the release of The Guardian Trilogy, as reportedly it's due out on Region 2 DVD, on the 10th August...?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:44 am 
Beholder
Beholder

Thanks. Amazing what you learn, when doing story research. I work with M.S. Paint, so I coulgn't get any more detailed without getting silly with the scale.

Yes, I am, though I'll probably cry at the end of Terminus. I always do. I'll never forgive Turlough for getting them there, giving her reason to leave. I'm a sad, but smitten man when it comes to Ms. Sutton, and her most famous of roles.

Am also going to be looking forwards to the three audios that she and Mr. Davison are putting out, at the end of the year. Lets hope the writers have them both more in character, this time.

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:17 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Awwe- remember poor Turlough most emphatically didn't want to bring them there - he was very much against tampering with the ship he was riding in and not a fan of the Black Guardian's goals at all - but he was tortured into doing it, and tortured repeatedly to make him do what the Black Guardian wanted.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:29 pm 
Beholder
Beholder

I know he was basicaly good. And Mark Strickson's a way kewl guy, from what I hear. I'm just a poor, and rather pathetic, Sarah Sutton fan-boy. And I just can't help the way I feel towards that fictitious persona, for taking her away.

Every sob story needs a scape-goat, and that ginger haired, bushy browed, self righteous kid just seems to fit the bill. :rolleyes:

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:13 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Certainly not righteous - nor even basically good. I'd say Turlough is/was a troublemaker, bad but not really evil, someone who was deadright bored if he wasnt causing mischeif - seemingly born to be a henchman. But when faced with the murderous evil of the Black Guardian, he was forced to finally choose good over evil, tho he'd have been much happier left with some grayer, murkier choices. :mrgreen:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:31 pm 
Beholder
Beholder

Well, had he followed a differant guardian...Say a Puce one, he may have turned out better.

But he still took the "Pretty Lady" away. I cry everytime I see that story. And plot his demise everytime, too.

I'd say Turlough would have made a great goblin in YAFGC.

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:26 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

lol - well, I can never blame someone tortured into altering the machinery for the results - I blame the person who planned the whole thing and tortured his henchman into carrying a part of it out - tho Turlough managed not to follow thru with all of the directions, giving the good guys, and himself, a chance to wriggle thru yet again.

But even tho the Black Guardian planned it, I can only blame him for getting Nyssa sick. Her staying behind I blame squarely on Nyssa, for refusing to go on with them and insisting on staying. At least in Rich's comic, we see her carrying on for years, becoming more and more successful, and taking a break to slay the latest Master body in the story.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:38 am 
Beholder
Beholder

Never claimed my feelings on the subject were rational :oops:

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:38 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Oh, I know, fandom isnt ever really a rational state. But I defend Turlough and Adric almost out of reflex - Adric was basically good, Turlough was basically devious, bad but not evil, and both were boys going thru the rebellious part of the years - and fans pick on them more than their fair share, it seems to me, so I pop in with the rebuttals now and then. I liked them = Adric, because he was so much what I picture the Doctor to be like as a boy, smart, and Turlough because he was so different from the other companions - who were all determined to be the force for goodness in a given situation, whatever their character drawbacks, while Turlough had to be dragged in to help with a situation, still reflexively kicking against the urge. He only plays the hero when he realizes that there is absolutely no one else he can pass the buck to. That just tickles me.

But I'm sorry you lost your pretty lady in that ep. :wink:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:54 pm 
Beholder
Beholder

I actually liked Adric...Even if the other acters had difficulty with Mr. Waterhouse.

Profile YIM  

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2