Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Page 122- Doctor saved at last ... sort of
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:03 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

:cheerleader: I mean, it's a big improvement from mostly dead/presumed dead to go to spacewalking without a suit, clinging by a scarf to a doomed Dalek ship crashing into the splendid view of North America, isn't it? :shock: :crackup: :biggrin:

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Page 122- Doctor saved at last ... sort of
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:31 am 
Orc
Orc

Hey, as long as 4(and the strip) are back in the runnnng, who cares? He could be hang-gliding over the Torchwood Institute buck-naked (which would get Captain Jack's interest, no doubt) and....well, you get the nub of my gist.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:22 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

heh-

But wait - it appears we have all mistook something- Doctor isn't in a space walk after all, but the ship is already in the atmosphere and he's strolling a ship falling in the sky, not in space!

Tho why it isnt burning up from that height is not made clear yet, and is perhaps the source of the confusion- I think I would have thought the Doctor would be dangling up, not down, if the ship is hurtling towards the ground, dragging him behind it...so, the ship must not be hurtling down, but still on a flight path, tho less than controlled. More like a level path of a plane for him to be dangling, and "wing walking"** across the ship.

**a term not only inaccurate because he is not on a wing, but because the ship doesnt have wings, but none-the-less seemed more descritive that the accurate "rim walking" which I'll now use, before we get to his "hub walking" moments in a page or so.

BTW Rich- I expect this is one of the few things that can only be clear in color pages, perhaps- because now that I know you meant this, I see the clouds, and debris in the air, smoke taking a lateral curve, and all the things you drew in to show atmosphere, and only blame my imagination for filling in the darkness of space for the pale blue of sky above the ship.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:11 pm 
Orc
Orc

:idea: Now that 4 is back, what's 10 up to? After all, there's a load of Doctor running about, and Mr. Trainers must be sulking in a corner someplace.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:56 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

I'm not worried about 10 too much- he's gabbing with his evil matrixed self- so long as the Doctor can talk to his enemy, they're the ones in trouble <g> 4 is still hub-walking outside a crashing spaceship, 5 is likewise crashing into Earth's atmosphere any moment, (perhaps a rescue of one or the other can be worked out), 1,2,2.5 are standed,and poor 6 is most likely unconscious and may have to be rescued by a Dalek! (After all he was bravely rushing where no Dalek dared tread to save them) 10 and 3 are the Doctors in the best position to make a difference in their usual way. Even if 10 has had a gun pointed at him for 23 pages- the 4th Doctor was dead (mostly) for almost 40!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:58 pm 
Orc
Orc

Of course, that leaves 7 and 8 unaccounted for - who knew keeping track of 10 incarnatiions of the same guy could be so....interesting?
And some of us are still waiting on the Nyssa/Tegan reunion scene (it's gotta happen) :cheerleader: !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

So very true!! :dizzy: :grouphug: :crackup:

- 7 is actually in trouble- being chased by Daleks and dealing with the double dealing Rani all on the same ship with Davros!

... 8 - well, 8 has managed to meander along, the most likely not to get in trouble so far. But he, in this story, is the only incarnation unaware of just how much trouble he is really in. In fact, we haven't seen him (except for a moment of cosmic angst when Doctor #4 bought it- seemingly) since the beginning of the story! Page 69, almost half the way back...no wait, he did have a recent appearance, pg 110. Only since he is the only one not in prison or danger, we didn't feel the 40 page angst for him the way we did for poor 4. He's got K'anpo Rimpoche and Leela to explain things to him, and he is only vaguely aware that there is something evil massing out there. It makes you wonder if he's going to get involved at all, or if he'll be stuck outside the loop the whole story, since he's the one existing in the timeline that so many are trying to change.

Profile WWW  

[ 7 posts ]