[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog • View topic - Outrage of the Zygons Part 3

Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Outrage of the Zygons Part 3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:12 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Hmm - from the look of things someone has got transdimensional pockets!

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Outrage of the Zygons Part 3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:17 pm 
Kobold
Kobold

Probably a standard part of Gallifreyan fashion design...

I wonder what he's planning to pull out of it, to deal with Rio...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:04 pm 
Orc
Orc

Things are definitely heating up. Great work, Rich!

Now be careful, Rio! I don't trust TechRat. Sneaky race, the Time Lords.

LOL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:38 pm 
Kobold
Kobold

Wait a minute! Is this the REAL Techrat? Or a Timelord who regenerated to look like him? The real Techrat would have said "Don't touch me!" when he got tackled by Rio. :naughty:

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:43 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Maybe he's got a big "And that's what you get for touching me!" zinger coming. :sneaky:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:18 am 
Orc
Orc

It figures that the 6th Doctor would hate climbing!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:17 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

Looks like the Doctor was able to get the teleportation device to make one last short-range jump before Techrat's bomb did its work. The smugness field he was putting out when they arrived outside must have been huge!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:32 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

While I can't deny the Doctor's generated smugness field (clashing and negating Techrat's gloating field), I was under the impression that the two groups were racing towards the others' starting location, and met at alleyway in the middle.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:17 am 
Goblin
Goblin

Yes, but Techrat's reaction implies that even if the Doctor, the Holograms and the Misfits turned and ran full tilt for any viable exit, they'd still be toast... and they certainly wouldn't be ahead of him, between him and the trap he was luring Rio into.

That said, as far as his reaction to Techrat's escape attempt, the Doctor hasn't liked climbing very much in any case. Though Ten was quite willing to climb a TV tower like a spider monkey, there's this quote from One, when Ian suggested a faster path. I admit, it may be a bit paraphrased:

Ian: "Why don't we just climb? It would be faster-"

The Doctor: "That may be, my boy, but I am not a mountain goat! And I prefer walking, in any case. I hate climbing!"

Admittedly, One had a better excuse, having truly lived over four hundred years in the same body, and was rather frail; Six has a burly and energetic (if heavy) young form. Perhaps he still had a bit of the same viewpoint, as a holdover?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:56 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

I think we can safely say that Techrat expected that particular group racing at him to be dead from the big explosion he just witnessed (and had set up to happen).

He didn't know the Doctor had already found out about the bomb and knew to leave the building.

He was shocked that the Doctor was alive and leading a crowd of angry natives after him.

(Tho if you're still convinced the Doctor must have teleported everyone somehow, rather than debate endlessly about something that can't be proven .. we could always, ya know, ask Rich <g>)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:06 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

Whoops, I went back and checked and - you're right. Techrat was on the phone - he wasn't even in the building! My bad.

I still stand by my statement on Six climbing, though - wassa matter, fat boy, too much like exersize? :lol: Shame about his tie, though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:31 pm 
Creator
Creator

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:27 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

Ouch, I can't believe I forgot about that! >turns in his scarf<

[ 13 posts ]